Today, anyone who is spending their $$$ on digital marketing courses, they are stupid. It’s as simple as that.
We now live in a time where information is becoming less and less commoditized and learning is becoming freer by passing days.
So, it’s surprising that institutes and “experts” still exist and charge big money for digital marketing courses. But what’s even more surprising is that people actually pay the sum of these courses.
EVERYTHING you want to learn about digital marketing, it’s available online. For free. Literally. EVERYTHING.
These money-courses won’t teach you anything more than what the freely available information doesn’t tell you already.
Besides, digital marketing isn’t about how much you know, it’s about what you do with how much you know.
Your growth in this niche, in your career, will depend on execution. And execution comes only when you’re practicing first-hand and NOT spending $$$ on some traditional courses.
10 Steps To Learn Digital Marketing
Do you really want to learn about digital marketing?
- Read articles for beginners to get your basics in place.
- Create a list of top 10 digital marketers in the world and then closely follow them. Read their blogs. Watch their videos. Listen to what they are saying. Observe how they are using/managing their blogs and social media profiles.
- Launch your own blog or YouTube channel and talk about things that you like.
- Follow the advice of the top digital marketers to grow your own platform and brand.
- Create another list of top B2C and B2B companies.
- Visit these companies’ websites and social media platforms. Check out what they are doing to win customers and clients. Analyze and understand their strategies. Learn from them. And then apply what they are doing for your own blog and brand.
- Read more blog posts every day on SEO, content marketing, social media marketing, PPC, branding more.
- Keep on learning. And, in fact, write it all down in a diary.
- Execute what you’re learning.
- Make mistakes in your own execution. And then improve.
Yes, this is how you learn digital marketing today. Not by spending money on courses. But by self-learning and executing.
Do you think the top marketers you see around, they spent hundreds and thousands of dollars on some digital marketing course?
Learning and Practicing: It Will Take Time
Indeed, it will take time. But that’s how it’s supposed to be. You need experience. And experience comes ONLY with time.
Besides, do you really think the courses will speed up the process?
The majority of them are outright poor. The remaining tells the same things you can find online for free.
At the end of the day, it all comes down to your own commitment to learn and execute.
So, if it’s all about YOUR commitment and YOUR execution, why would you want to spend money on digital marketing courses?
Please, please, do not enroll in digital marketing courses. If you know someone who’s about to, stop them! They bring NO extra value to the table than what free contents online don’t already.
You can learn the same thing, strategies, and techniques by yourself through rich, high-quality videos, articles and audios that are available online at no cost. You don’t need a course.
Information, now, cannot be commoditized.
And those who would fight that with their premium courses and training, the majority of them are in the game just for the money and not to bring you value. Understand this.
If they really want to help you build “successful career in digital marketing”: first, they wouldn’t charge you, and second, they would tell you to go self-learn.
This post was originally published on “Spell Out Marketing — Insider” publication. Due to changes in the editorial policy and strategic direction, it has been removed from the said publication.